Lake Wakatipu Cruise Senior Chef
Fixed Term Summer Season Position - $30 per hour
Are you an experienced Chef looking for regular hours and the opportunity to be in charge of your own domain? If yes, read on!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Chef to provide the quality food offering on our brand-new tourism and hospitality dining options at Mt Nicholas Station, and on our Lake Wakatipu Cruise. This summer, Southern Discoveries are launching a Lake Dinner Cruise, and an enhanced dining experience at Mt Nicholas Station, and we are looking for a Chef to bring their skills and flair to the table.
What will you be doing?
· Cooking food aboard our brand-new galley kitchen on the Spirit of Queenstown Cruise vessel, and when required on an occasional basis in our refurbished kitchen at Mt. Nicholas Station
· Working closely with our hospitality contractor and prep chefs to deliver a consistently high-quality food offering to all our guests
· Maintaining a positive and productive relationship with the Front of House staff
· Providing regular reports to the Operations Management and Land-based hospitality contract teams
· Seeking and implementing ways to continuously improve the product
What do we need from you?
· A passion for cooking quality food
· At least 5 years’ experience working as a Chef in quality establishments
· Strong Food Safety skills and meticulous attention to hygiene
· Strong work ethic, 'can-do' attitude and the ability to self-manage
What do you get in return?
· Competitive remuneration
· The opportunity to work in one of the most scenic places on the planet
· Friendly team that operates like a family
· Autonomy to run the service to your own high standard
· Regular support from the Operational Management team
· Regular hours, generally starting at 1pm, with evenings finished by 9pm. This is a fixed term position for the Summer season.
Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate trips to Mt Nicholas High Country farm including farm experiences, dining, and cycling, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.