Southern Discoveries is looking for an experienced Customer Service Professional to join our Milford Sound cruise and ticketing office team.
What do we need from you?
- Passion for Tourism and Customer Service
- Maturity, the ability to work calmly under pressure, and to think on your feet
- Team spirit, with the ability to build relationships with your workmates
- Excellent English language skills
- Energy and Resilience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Computer literacy and keyboard ability required for check in and booking processes
- Comfortable living in a remote environment in shared accommodation (own room)
The role is all about ensuring our guests have an outstanding experience. We have a lot of fun, but we also work very hard, making sure that every guest receives excellent customer service at all times.
You will have face-to-face customer service experience, preferably in a ticketing or reservations environment. Full training on our specific systems will be provided.
In return, you will receive full training, uniform, your own room in subsidised accommodation, and access to a fully stocked shared staff kitchen. We work a roster of 10 days on and 4 days off (no evening work required), to give you the opportunity to explore this stunning region.
If you are successfully shortlisted you will be invited to come for interview overnight in Milford Sound to see if remote living is for you.
Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate daily cruises, including dining and cycling, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.