Milford Sound Cafe Head Chef
Are you an accomplished and experienced Head Chef? An opportunity has arisen for the Head Chef position of our cafe in Milford Sound
What will you be doing?
· Managing the kitchen, staff and cooking food in our cafe
· Working closely with the cafe manager to provide excellent service and food to our guests
· Maintaining a positive and productive relationship with the Front of House staff
· Menu planning and creation, stock management, and cost control
What do we need from you?
· A passion for cooking quality food
· At least 3 years’ experience working as a Chef in quality establishments, with evidence of working in a senior role, responsible for staff and day to day management of a kichen.
· Strong Food Safety skills and meticulous attention to hygiene
· Strong work ethic, 'can-do' attitude and the ability to self-manage
What do you get in return?
· The opportunity to work in one of the most scenic places on the planet
· Friendly team that operates like a family
· Regular support from the Operational Management team
Southern Discoveries is a premium tourism company dedicated to sharing some of New Zealand’s most iconic scenery and extraordinary experiences with the world. The company offers a range of cruises, as well as kayaking and an underwater observatory in Milford Sound, with coach and scenic flight transfers from Queenstown and Te Anau. In Queenstown, we operate trips to Mt Nicholas High Country farm including farm experiences, dining, and cycling, and also specialise in private charters, conference and incentive packages. The company operates a number of retail outlets in Queenstown, Te Anau and Milford Sound.